The Survivor: Bush Plaza
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 3- New Host?

+9
Tom
Drew
maury
Melinda
Rhino
The Daniel
Veronica..
Michael (Contestant)
Zac (Heartbreaker)
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty Season 3- New Host?

Post  Rhino Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 am

Hope you guys are just as excited about the premier of season 2 as I am. Obviously there will be another season in the future but there has been talk about J.P. not hosting this time around. I'm just wondering how our fans/previous survivors would feel about this and if you have any recommendations as to who should host season 3. Your input is much appreciated. Thank you and enjoy Hidden Oaks.

Rhino

Back to top Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty Re: Season 3- New Host?

Post  Zac (Heartbreaker) Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:30 am

Im convinced Im going to get THE Russel Hantz to agree to be our host alien
Zac (Heartbreaker)
Zac (Heartbreaker)

Back to top Go down

Post  maury Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:42 am

idk how i'd feel about this... however I would actually like Josh to play the game... that way he knows what it's REALLY like Razz

maury

Back to top Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty new host

Post  theresa Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 am

The host is the creator of the series if you have a new host you need to create a new show.

theresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael (Contestant) Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:42 am

I disagree theresa i think the host just needs to be charismatic and approachable. all creative content is the creators, but the creator can control the host as well Laughing
Michael (Contestant)
Michael (Contestant)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac (Heartbreaker) Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:45 pm

And besides if the host is someone we already know and love, say Rhino for example.. everything would be fine. What a Face
Zac (Heartbreaker)
Zac (Heartbreaker)

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael (Contestant) Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm

that'll never happen
Michael (Contestant)
Michael (Contestant)

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac (Heartbreaker) Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:44 pm

I think Rhino is really good with words and presenting himself he has my vote rendeer santa rendeer
Zac (Heartbreaker)
Zac (Heartbreaker)

Back to top Go down

Post  Veronica.. Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Josh should still be the host for Season 3...No one can plan that whole thing as well as he can!! Also, if there are random people from different states and whatnot then it could end in disappointment if he doesn't plan and host it.
Veronica..
Veronica..

Back to top Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty host

Post  theresa Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Michael has the original Survivor changed their host in 20 years? No I'm betting the research shows that would be a hugh mistake. Ask anyone how the new host worked out on shows like The Price Is Right after Bob Barker retired or Who wants to be a millionairie without Regis to name a few.

theresa

Back to top Go down

Post  The Daniel Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 pm

While I'm sure we all agree that Josh would be the best host and that is no doubt a fact, the host himself wishes to be a contestant so should we not give him the pleasure of finally playing the game. Even if the season is as big of a success, I think he's deserved his chance to compete.
The Daniel
The Daniel

Back to top Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty Host

Post  Pat Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Josh has worked hard to make the show a success and I'm sure he will have a lot of input into the next season too but he deserves a chance to be a competitor, too.

Pat

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac (Heartbreaker) Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:33 am

Ha we should just have a few casual games of survivor and let Josh play and then let him host the real thing. Basketball Basketball
Zac (Heartbreaker)
Zac (Heartbreaker)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm

I second Veronica's claim
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Melinda Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm

I think a different host would change the feel of the whole thing. Josh has perfected some of the famous Jeff Probts quotes and it would just be weird without him...
Melinda
Melinda

Back to top Go down

Post  maury Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 pm

i just love how whoever that is put josh on the same scale as bob barker... you are my hero. i completely agree haha as much as it would be awesome to see josh compete, i wish there was some way to get him on the REAL survivor and have him continue hosting his show.
maury
maury

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 pm

I think Josh should do what makes him happy. I have hosted a few and after a while I wanted to play as well so I got past contestants to host but people have said it wasn't as good. Personally do what you think is best Josh Smile No matter what Survivor Bush Season 3 will still rock no matter what you do.
Drew
Drew

https://www.youtube.com/user/riddlemetimbers

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Josh has a really great presence as host, something the other mock Survivor shows on YouTube are severely lacking in.

Although if Josh wants to play one season and Bob Barker's available, well... Smile
Tom
Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:36 am

I think Josh should play. Get a new host that doesn't act like Probst. Just because it is Survivor doesn't mean you have to have a Probst. The host isn't what makes the game fun to watch. It is the contestants!

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Touche Nick, touche.
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Colton Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I think Josh = Jeff Probst. The reason Survivor's been so successful is the fact they've kept the same templet for 20 seasons, and they've only made changes in the forms of locations, contestants, and twists. I think Josh should definitely remain as the host.
Colton
Colton

Back to top Go down

Season 3- New Host? Empty Josh is the new Jeff

Post  BettisBo Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 pm

This is my first post and I am new to this forum.

I just got hooked on Survivor Bush. It is by far the best youtube/anywhere else fan made Survivor. The host, Josh, did his homework and got a good cast and the most realistic verison he could put together. I know he's probably bursting at the seems with wanting to play, but I don't think he should. He is the glue holding this series together. He plans it, casts it and puts up the prize money. He should be all time host. I'm sure if Jeff Probst was given the opportunity to play, he would but he is not allowed since he is so involved with the way it is produced that he can only host it. I think Josh should be the host and the host only.

He needs to keep this the best series there is out there. I mean, I would love to play, except for the fact that it's about a 4 hr. plane ride for me. I think season 3 needs to imitate the CBS series as close as it can. It should be a brand new cast of never before played players with Josh as its host and limit food rations. That is what will keep this series heads and shoulders above the other fan made series out there.

To summarize, if Josh wants to keep the integrity and prestige that this series clearly boasts, he should remain the host throughout. He should gather 16 brand new players and keep them out there for 5 days. He should also not have an allstars until at least season 8 so he can gather some real all stars.

just my opinon, but Josh if you read this please stay the host so this series can still be kick-ass!! Thank you for putting this together for us fans.

BettisBo

Back to top Go down

Post  Survivor Bush Sun May 02, 2010 6:19 pm

I guess I'll go ahead and set the record straight now so there will be no more speculation:

I will not be host for the next season; I will be a contestant.

For those that think the quality of the show will degrade, I think there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that not many people know. I understand that by taking myself out of hosting duties, I am taking a risk as to the validity and professionalism of the show.

However, what people don't realize is that Survivor Bush has been and always will be a complete team effort. I do not make these shows
by myself; I am surrounded by a competent and dedicated crew who are just as much reason for the success of the show as I am.

We all know that the host doesn't make Survivor; the survivors make Survivor. I have done more than most could imagine to compile these past two seasons, and I only wish to live out my own dream just like others who would die for the chance.

I am not completely removed from the season. There are many aspects of the show that I will still be in charge of
and a large part of. I would not take the future of the show out of my hands unless I knew that it would be even more entertaining
than our previous seasons.

Also, keep in mind that Survivor Bush is a constantly growing enterprise. The show will not end with our third season, it will continue for as long as people enjoy watching. And of course, I will be the host for all later seasons.

So do not worry; the show is in the hands of our crew, the same crew that has helped make the last two seasons a success, and will promise to be even better than our previous seasons. afro
Survivor Bush
Survivor Bush
Admin

http://www.survivorbush.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevie Sun May 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Josh seems like a great guy but he is not a public speaker and should not host it. I am glad he decided not to. Josh, you need to find a drama student or someone very good at public speaking. They could do a good job and would take pride in it.

Stevie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Sun May 02, 2010 7:51 pm

We should call Jeff Goldblum's agent and see if Jeff would be up for it. Its not like he's doing anything else
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next